When preaching, public worship, and small group attendance is not enough to satisfy you, what do you do? Consider exploring the benefits of participating in the Celebrate Recovery Program.
Designed to help people who are stuck in pain, perplexed by problems, or who struggle with exaggerated desires that make their life unmanageable, the content is based on the actual words of Jesus in Matthew 5: 1-10 and 12 biblically based steps.
We meet every Thursday night from 5:50 –8:15 PM in the Auditorium.
- A light meal is served from 5:50-6:30 PM; Worship and Testimony or Lesson from 6:30-7:20 (approx.), and concluding the evening are gender based open share groups from 7:20-8:00 PM.
- Celebration Station: Childcare is provided for children up to age 5. Classes for children ages 5-13.
Solid Rock Cafe is open from 8-9 PM.
The following open share groups currently available:
- Men: Hurts Group, Habits Group, Anger Group, Sexual Struggles Group
- Women: Hurts Group, Co-Dependency Group and , Marriage Struggles Group.
Men’s & Women’s 12-step studies are available various days and times. Sign up on Thursday night or call Gerald Ward 509.586.6101 for information.
The Thursday night Celebrate Recovery meeting operates on a revolving cycle, designed to cover lessons in the four Celebrate Recovery Participant’s Guides and supported by testimonies and other special services on alternating weeks. Enter the program at any time, much like using the on ramp of the freeway and exit when the cycle has ended, or sooner if you wish. On the other hand, you can continue in the program and participate weekly in Open Share Groups and/or Christ-centered 12 step study groups.
The DNA of an Authentic Celebrate Recovery ® Ministry
1. Jesus Christ is the one and only Higher Power. The program is Christ-centered.
2. The Bible and Celebrate Recovery curriculum (the leader’s guide and the four participant’s guides) are used exclusively. The large group lessons are taught from the leader’s guide, keeping at least the acrostic and the Scriptures as the key points in the lessons. This is to keep consistency within groups, while allowing creativity for the teachers
3. The ministry is “group based”. All groups are gender specific and use the group guidelines and format.
4. The Celebrate Recovery “Five Open Share Group Guidelines” are implemented and followed.
5. Accountability is to Christ, the local church, and Celebrate Recovery at South Hills Church.
THINGS WE ARE:
- A safe place to share
- A refuge
- A place of belonging
- A place to care for others and be cared for
- A place where respect is given to each member
- A place where confidentiality is highly regarded
- A place to learn
- A place to grow and become strong again
- A place where you can take off your mask
- A place for healthy challenges and healthy risks
- A possible turning point in your life
THINGS WE ARE NOT:
- A place for selfish control
- A place for therapy
- A place for secrets
- A place to look for dating relationships
- A place to rescue or be rescued by others
- A place for perfection
- A place to judge others
- A quick fix